表明自己的计划与决心的口语

英语社 人气:2.5W

生的决定是最艰苦的,也是最简略的。艰苦在于你总是把决定当作决定。简略在于你别去考虑决定问题,只是动手去做。

表明自己的计划与决心的口语

1.I will try even harder and work against time to repay the company you`re your support.
我会加倍努力工作,分秒必争。报答您和公司的支持。

【其他表达】
There was not a moment to be lost.
分秒必争。

They are working hard against the clock to translate the novel.
他们正在分秒必争地赶紧翻译那本小说。

else we can not exist in the society and will be obsolete.
不然我们就不能立足于社会,会被社会所淘汰。

【其他表达】

The mother went to great lengths to provide her children with good education, to enable them to find their feet in a crowd.
那位母亲不惜一切使她的孩子接受良好的教育,以便使他们能立足于社会。

He was shunned by society.
他被社会所摈弃。

【Tips】

establish oneself in society 立足社会

is once in a blue moon.
这是千载难逢的机会。

Blue moon的说法始于1946年。1946年5月,“Sky and Telescope”(《天空和望远镜》)杂志刊登了一篇文章,该文误认为“蓝月亮”和“一个月的第二次满月”之间存在着必然联系。自此,人们常用blue moon来形容这种相隔至少32个月才发生一次的天文现象。

在日常生活中,自19世纪末,人们开始用blue moon来形容“罕见、不常发生的事情”,所以,如果哪天你若碰到好久不见的朋友,就可对他说:I haven't seen you in a blue moon。(我好久没有看到你了。)

4.I don’t want to undergo the painful period of college enterance exam.
不想再经历高考这个痛苦的阶段了。


【其他表达】

He got nervous again at the college entrance examination this year.
今年高考他又憷场了。

Li Ming, when he finished his entrance examination to the university, was so tired and sleepy that he fell into bed and slept the clock round.
李明参加完高考又疲劳又困,一下子倒在床上睡了一整天。

【Tips】

college entrance examination system
高考制度

5.I`m looking for a Father's Day gift.
我想要为我爸爸买一份父亲节的礼物。

【其他表达】

I am going to buy a birthday present.
我打算去买生日礼物。

We dicided to join in with them to buy a present for the boss.
我们决定与他们合伙买份礼物给老板。

【Tips】

Father, we love you. Happy Father's Day. 爸爸,我们爱您。父亲节快乐。 Father's Day is the third Sunday in June. 父亲节在六月的第三个星期日。   
Have the best Father's Day ever. 祝您能度过一个最棒的父亲节.   
Happy Father's Day to all the Daddys in the World!! 向全世界所有的好爸爸道一声:父亲节快乐!

bet your life!
我可以打包票!

这句话从字面上看意思是“你要以你的生命做赌注”,既然都能让对方拿出这么大的赌注了是不是就意味着自己志在必得、成竹在胸呢?所以,这句话实际的意思是“我可以打包票”。

You bet your life! I heard Dad ordering the tickets on the phone.
我可以打包票! 我听到爸爸打电话订票了。



can give as good as we get.
我们不示弱。

give as good as one gets, 从字面理解是“拿出去多少就会得到多少”。从此语所出现的语言环境来看,有“不吃亏”的意思,所以十分接近汉语的“不示弱”。

But when coming to start a price war in such a world, we can give as good as we get, though we're smaller in size.
但是在价格战中,我们不示弱。

7.I should jump at the chance.
我要抓住机会。

关于“抓住机会”的英语表达法有以下三种: seize the chance, take the chance 和jump at the chance.不过最后一种最符合英美口语习惯。

You should jump at the chance. It's a good opportunity.
你要抓住机会。这可是个好机遇啊。