Rob: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak. I'm Rob.
罗布:大家好,欢迎收看地道英语节目。我是罗布。Helen: And hello, I'm Helen. And today we've decided to come outside for a walk in the beautiful English countryside.
海伦:大家好,我是海伦。今天我们决定外出,在英国美丽的乡村散步。Rob: Mmmm, smell the wonderful fresh air. Isn't it great to be outdoors?
罗布:嗯,呼吸一下这清新的空气。在户外做节目是不是很棒?
Helen: Oh, well it was…but not now it's raining. Come on Rob, I think we should head back.
海伦:刚才是,可是现在正在下雨。罗布,快点,我想我们得回去了。Rob: Hold on Helen. Not that way! According to the map, it's this way…
罗布:海伦,等等。不是那条路!地图上是这条路……Helen: Rob, you're always wrong. Just follow me but hurry up; we're getting wet.
海伦:罗布,你总是错的。你只要跟着我就行了,快点。我们要淋湿了。Rob: Oh, get lost!
罗布:哦,走开!Helen: Get lost? We are lost!
海伦:迷路了?我们迷路了!Rob: No Helen–get lost–I mean go away, leave me alone. Don't tell me the way to go.
罗布:不是,海伦,get lost的意思是走开,让我自己待着。别跟我说要走哪条路。Helen: That's not a very nice thing to say.
海伦:这种话不太礼貌。Rob: Well, it's what you can say to someone if they're really annoying you. So go away, get lost!
罗布:嗯,如果某人让你很烦,你就会他们这么说。所以,走开,靠边站!Helen: OK, if you say so. I'm off. See you back at the car!
海伦:好,既然你这么说了。我就离开了。我在车上等你!Rob: I'll get there first! OK, here are some other examples of using 'get lost':
罗布:我会先到车上的!这里还有一些这个说法的例子。I'm tired of hearing about how you know everything. Just get lost!
我对你一直说你什么都知道感到厌烦。走开!Get lost! I'm having a break so don't disturb me.
走开!我正在休息,别打扰我。You say you climbed Mount Everest on your own?! Get lost, I don't believe you.
你说你独自攀登了珠穆朗玛峰?走开,我才不相信你。Rob: Mmm, saying get lost is quite impolite so you need to be careful how you say it and who you say it to. Maybe I was a bit rude to Helen. Helen, Helen, come back…I didn't mean to be so rude.
罗布:嗯,滚开这个词很不礼貌,所以你要对你使用的方式和对谁说这句话备加小心。也许我刚刚对海伦有点儿无礼。海伦,回来……我不是有意要这么无礼的。Helen: …well you weren't being very nice. Anyway, I was going to come back and find you.
海伦:嗯,可是你并不友好。不管怎么说,我会回去找你的。Rob: And why was that Helen?
罗布:海伦,为什么呢?Helen: Because I got lost. I needed the map!
海伦:因为我迷路了。我需要地图!Rob: Ha. Well, here it is. Come on follow me.
罗布:哈哈。好吧,给你地图。来跟着我走吧。Helen: OK Rob. See you next time.
海伦:好的,罗布。下次节目再见。Both: Bye.
一起:再见。Rob: Right, it's definitely this way.
罗布:好,绝对是走这条路。Helen: Are you sure?
海伦:你确定吗?Rob: Yes, that's what the map says.
罗布:确定,地图上是这么说的。Helen: Rob you've got the map upside down!
海伦:罗布,你把地图拿反了!Rob: Oh!
罗布:天哪!重点讲解:
1. get lost
滚开;走开;
eg. Get lost! Let me read this book in peace!
走开!让我安静地看这本书!
eg. You bet he'd give me a down payment to get lost.
他肯定会付我头期款要我滚蛋的。
2. leave sb. alone
听…自便;随…去;不打扰;
eg. Let's go and leave him alone to sober up.
咱们走吧,让他一个人清醒一下。
eg. Sarah hoped he'd take the hint and leave her alone.
萨拉希望他能明白她的意思,不来打扰她。
3. mean to do sth.
有意;故意做某事;
eg. I didn't mean to hurt you.
我无意伤害你。
eg. I didn't mean to startle you.
我不是存心要吓唬你。
4. be tired of sth.
厌烦的;厌倦的;
eg. I am tired of all the speculation.
我厌烦了所有的推测。
eg. I was tired of being a bookkeeper.
我厌倦了当簿记员。
5. on one's own
单独地;独自地;独立地;依靠自己地;
eg. From now on you can work on your own.
你从现在起可以独立工作了。
eg. He never joins with us; he always plays on his own.
他从不和我们在一起,他总是自己单独玩。
6. upside and down
倒置地;颠倒过来;
eg. The painting was hung upside down.
油画挂倒了。
eg. He turned the glass upside down.
他将玻璃杯子倒置。