bec中级考试口语练习素材

英语社 人气:4.64K

熟能生巧,口语需要多加练习。为了帮助大家提高自己的口语,小编在这里给大家带来了bec中级考试口语练习素材,望喜欢。

bec中级考试口语练习素材

商务英语口语:她疯了不成?

SCENE② C 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面

【她疯了不成?】

Mary: There's just one 1) catch. Zina asked me to let you know.

玛莉: 只是有个难题。吉娜要我让你知道。

Elvin: What?

艾文: 什么?

Mary: She 2) promised that we'd be ready to start 3) tracking the web site by the end of next week.

玛莉: 她承诺我们会在下星期结束之前,准备好开始监控的网站流量。

Elvin: What!? It'll be a 4) miracle if we're ready by the end of the month! Is she crazy?

艾文: 什么!?我们在月底前能准备好就是奇迹了!她疯了不成?

Mary: Yes, I think she is just a little bit crazy.

玛莉: 对,我觉得她是有点疯。

Elvin: Crazy is too kind. 5) Insane is more like it. Nuts! Wacko! Psycho!

艾文: 疯这个字还太仁慈。说是丧心病狂还差不多。神经病!怪胎!心理变态!

语言详解

A: Do you believe in life after death?

你相信来生吗?

B: No. I don't believe in miracles.

不。我不相信奇迹。

【be more like it.…倒还更贴切】

当我们在形容一个人或是一件东西的时候,常常在大家七嘴八舌之后,却还是不够传神,没有点出精髓,这时若你想到了绝佳的形容方法,你就可以用上这个句型 more like it.“……还更贴切。”

A: Jane is a little shy.

珍有一点害羞。

B: A turtle hiding in her shell is more like it.

说她是缩头乌龟还更贴切。

That's more like it.这句类似的话也很常用。这句话的使用时机是当对方的表现终于让你有了满意感觉,你可以用这句话 That's more like it.“这才像话嘛。”给对方一点小小的鼓励。

A: After ten weeks of ignoring us, the boss finally said he'd give us both a raise.

在对我们不理不睬十个星期以后,老板终于说要给我们两个加薪了。

B: Now that's more like it.

这才像话嘛。

1) atch (n.) 诡计,难题

2) promise (v.) 承诺

3) track (v.) 追踪,监控;此指track the web site“监控网站流量”

4) miracle (n.) 奇迹

5) insane (a.) 精神错乱的;其后的几个字都是用来形容此类情况:nuts (a.) (俚)疯的:wacko (a.) (俚)怪里怪气的;

6)psycho (a.) 心理变态的。

  商务英语口语:撤资

SCENE① C 艾文跌跌撞撞进了文斯的隔间

【撤资】

Vince: I just talked with the venture capitalists. If we don't follow Zina's timeline, they'll pull the plug.

文斯: 我才跟我们的投资方谈过。若我们不照吉娜的时间表进行,他们就撤资。

Elvin: Well, they're going to find out real soon that her timeline is impossible.

艾文: 好啊,他们很快就会发现,她的时间表是不可能的。

Vince: Maybe not. Zina got Vikam to 1) put up money for three new programmers. They start tomorrow.

文斯: 或许不会。吉娜让“维康”出钱请了三个新的程序设计师。他们明天就开工。

Elvin: Are we just going to let her 2) hijack the company?

艾文: 我们就这样让她在公司夺权?

Vince: For now, Zina is calling the shots.

文斯: 目前是由吉娜来发号施令。

Elvin: I can't believe this is happening.

艾文: 我不相信有这种事。

Vince: 're still 3) dripping blood on my desk.

文斯: 嗯……你的血还在往我的桌上滴。

语言详解

A: Do you like rainy days?

你喜欢下雨天吗?

B: I like listening to the sound of dripping water.

我喜欢听水滴落的声音。

【pull the plug 撤资】

pull the plug的字面意义是“拔插头”,用在医院中就是指“拔除长期陷入昏迷的病患的维持生命系统”,以让他安乐死。

A: That car accident was terrible. Did Joe ever make it off life support?

那场车祸真是可怕。乔现在还要靠呼吸器维持生命吗?

B: His injuries were too serious. His family decided to pull the plug.

他受的伤太重了。他的家人决定让他安乐死。

【Call the shots 发号施令】

开枪的时候,要有人喊口令,于是乎call the shots 就是指“发号施令”,以表示做决策以及作主控制的意思。

A: Josie is good at calling the shots.

乔西很会发号施令。

B: And that is why the company has been so successful.

所以这公司才会那么成功啊。

1) put up 提供金钱

2) hijack (v.) 劫持(车,船,飞机)

3) drip (v.) 滴落

  商务英语口语:我才不要分心

SCENE④ B 吉娜和戴夫在隔间里

【我才不要分心】

Dave: Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?

戴夫: 你觉得去跟文斯说会不会好一点?解释这整个情况?

Zina: No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?

吉娜: 门都没有。我要自己享受压扁这只虫子的满足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎么办?

Dave: I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?

戴夫: 不会吧。你那仰慕者似乎还蛮贴心的。难道你对他一点都不好奇?

Zina: He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.

吉娜: 他只会让人分心,就像耳边蚊子嗡嗡叫。我才不要分心。

Dave: A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.

戴夫: 稍微分点心或许对你有好处,吉娜。

语言详解

A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.

我们家那个两岁的小鬼老是出状况。

B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.

孩子就是从两岁会开始好奇。

【a little curious 一点儿好奇】

a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一点”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隐含否定之意。

A: There's still a little time. We can have another drink.

还有一点时间,我们可以再来一杯。

B: But there is little money with us.

但是我们没有什么钱了。

A: I think they would accept my credit card.

我想他们会接受我的信用卡。

1)quish (v.) 挤扁,压扁

2) curious (a.) 感到好奇的

3) distraction (n.) 分心

4) do someone good 对某人有好处

  商务英语口语:我太紧张了

SCENE② B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面

【我太紧张了】

Elvin: Wow. She can be really 1) nasty, can't she?

艾文: 哇。她讨厌起来还真要命,不是吗?

Mary: No. She was right. I was too nervous. I kept thinking, "What if we 2) blow it"?

玛莉: 不。她说得对。我太紧张了。我满脑子都在想“万一我们搞砸了怎么办?”

Elvin: Well, I guess Zina figured you couldn't blow it if you were in the hotel room.

艾文: 呃,我猜吉娜料想,若你待在旅馆房间就不会坏事了。

Mary: She even stayed at a different hotel. She said I might be 3) contagious.

玛莉: 她甚至还住在另一间旅馆。她说我这坏心态或许会传染。

Elvin: Well, at least we have . That'll be great 4) publicity.

艾文: 呃,起码我们有了。那会是很好的宣传。

语言详解

A: You can be really nasty to your friends.

你有时候对朋友还真恶劣。

B: They deserve it.

他们活该。

【What if 万一……怎么办】

what if = what will we/you do if,是省略掉“你(或我)要怎么办”字眼,达到简洁的目的。

A: I agree with you. But what if Cindy comes in five minutes?

我同意你的想法。但是万一辛蒂五分钟后来了怎么办?

B: Well, we have waited for her at least 45 minutes.

我们至少己经等她四十五分钟啦。

A: Let's stay another ten minutes.

让我们多停留十分钟吧。

1) nasty (a.) 惹人厌的,低劣的

2) blow (v.) 搞砸,失败

3) contagious (a.) 具传染性的

4) publicity (n.) 宣传,知名度